Tuesday, August 10, 2010

OURS!!

It's been a crazy month! Vacation (which is supposed to be relaxing, but rarely is), catching up once home (which is never relaxing, no matter how it's done), getting ready for back to school (which is crazy even if you don't do your shopping on tax-free weekend, which I did), and various other activities made for a month of fun insanity.

We got back from vacation to the news that the paperwork had not all been completed for our adoption, much to our dismay. This news sent Chrissy into a tailspin of emotional turmoil - evident at the slightest provocation (and sometimes evident at no provocation whatsoever). New family dynamics, adoption, security (or lack thereof), the system, a general feeling of powerlessness... all these things add up to "extreme discomfort."

BUT... yes, a big but. But she's ours now. Word came today - the documents were official as of yesterday. August 9th is our big day to celebrate, the day that our family legally became a family of five. I got the phone call from our attorney while driving home with Chrissy in the seat next to me. After I got off the phone, I told her the news... and normally it's not a happy thing when your child screams in the car, but I made an exception in this particular case. It was a happy scream... on a happy occasion... hard to be annoyed. :) Then, we pulled into the driveway and I must say - I have never - no NEVER - seen a child run so fast in my life. She couldn't wait to get inside and tell Barak and Riana.

So here we are. The Pizzuto clan. All five of us.

Look out, world.


Three Goobers

Chrissy and Barak on the carousel at LARK Toys

A family photo op at Gooseberry Falls, MN

9 comments:

  1. Awesome news! This post made me smile. Thanks for the update and congratulations!

    Mark Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the Pizzuto family!
    Many blessings to you.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO happy for you guys!!! CONGRATULATIONS to the Pizzuto FIVE! :)
    Love,
    Ronnie, Anne Marie, Collier and Clayton :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray and three cheers -- one for Christian, Riana, and Barak
    and two more for their awesome parents.
    Well done. Thanks for adding a beautiful new granddaughter to the family!
    Love Kathy and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Christian, we're so delighted to have you as our niece/cousin. Welcome (officially) to your forever family! Proud of you all~

    Aunt Mird

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation to each and everyone in this wonderful family. I love each of you and I am so happy for Chrissy she stole my heart from the first time I met her. Chrissy was 5 yrs old and had some money in her purse and gave a dollar to a little boy she just met. I am so happy for her she now has the family she always wanted. God is so good. Wish you guys a wonderful life filled with all God has in store for you. Love Linda S. Moore

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy for Chrissy and your family. She is a very loving child, We do miss seeing her!She had played with Sierra and Hunter alot last summer and when Joe and Linda had her, She would always gift me a hug at school when she would see
    me.

    Sherrie,Daryl,Sierra and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am extremely happy to know that Christian is in a loving home--which I picked--where she fits in like a pea in a pod. Thank you all for your patience but now that she is yours...wasn't the wait worth while? Congratulations from the bottom of my heart and I wish I would have seen her face when you told her the news.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! We look forward to the day we can meet Chrissy in person.
    Love you all,
    Aunt Nancy & Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete